Tuition Rates and Fees
Tuition Rates 2013-14
- Tuition for PreK-4 $2,950
- Tuition for grades K-5 $6,900
- Tuition for grades 6-8 $7,200
Tuition Initiatives and Discounts
- Referral Incentive: Families directly responsible for referring a student to MCS will be reimbursed $350 for an elementary referral and $500 for a middle school referral. The referring family must be named upon initial contact with the school and referred student(s) must be accepted to MCS and begin school in September. Reimbursements will be processed by check early in the applicable school year.
- Multi-Child Discount: Full tuition applies to the oldest child. A $300 discount is applied to the tuition for each additional child. Contact the Admission Office for details.
- Payment-in Full Discount: Tuition paid in full by July 1, 2013, will benefit from a $100 discount for Pre-K, and a $200 discount for grades K-8.
Registration and processing fees are required for each new applicant. (Three separate checks to be made payable to MCS.)
- $125 Processing Fee: This is a non-refundable fee submitted with each application.
- $150 Registration Fee: This fee is also submitted with each student’s application and guarantees placement upon a student’s acceptance. This fee is refundable ONLY if MCS is unable to place a student.
- $50 Testing Fee: This fee is required in conjunction with the placement test and is nonrefundable.
- Tuition payment in full on or before July 1, 2013 offers a $200 discount. ($100 discount for PreK) The payment in full discount is also extended to new families entering MCS after the July 1 deadline.
- Ten monthly installments are payable June through March. Monthly payments must be managed through the FACTS automated tuition management services. The FACTS service fee is $38.00 per year to set up monthly payments.
Extended Care Fees
Before and after school Extended Care services are available by separate contract. Students must be contracted in order to participate. Drop-in services are not available. Extended Care offers three one-hour sessions per day: one hour before school (7:00-8:00 AM) and 2 hours after school (3:30- 4:30 PM, and 4:30-5:30PM). Current Extended Care Rates: Each contracted hour (session) is $95 monthly.
It is our desire to make Christ-centered, academically rigorous education available to as many families as possible. Each year Mountain Christian allocates a limited amount of funds for financial aid to enrolled families. All financial aid is awarded based on demonstrated need and is assessed through an independent third party program, FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment, www.factstuitionaid.com.
The principles below are followed in the financial aid process:
- Financial aid awards are considered and granted only after your child has been accepted or re-enrolled at Mountain Christian School.
- All aspects of the financial aid process for your family are confidential. The FACTS procedures are detailed on their website, www.factstuitionaid.com Information provided to the admissions and finance office is handled in strictest confidence and we require that financial aid awards to your family remain confidential between you and the school.
- Financial aid awards generally will not exceed 50% of tuition. Parents are responsible for the remaining tuition balance and all fees.
- Families must reapply for financial aid awards each year using the same assessment process. Due to changes in family financial situations and the financial aid resources available at the school, families may receive awards that are greater or lower than the previous year.
- Financial aid awards will be made without regard to race, color, nationality, or ethnic origin.