MCS does not automatically follow Harford County Public Schools for closings/delays/or early dismissals. (For example, we will not usually open late or close due to extreme cold since we do not have children waiting at bus stops.) MCS will make a separate announcement specific to our campus and conditions on our parking lot.
We will do our best to display the status of late openings, early closings or school cancellations on the home page of this site. In addition we also post closings and cancellations to:.
- WBAL TV–Channel 11
- WBAL AM Radio (AM 1090)
- WRBS FM Radio (95.1)
- Email is sent through Sycamore Education system.
- MCS phone recoding is updated with current status.
Please have a back-up plan for your child to be picked up if school closes early.
Be sure that the school has current and accurate phone numbers to contact you during the school day.
Know that staff will not leave until every child has been picked up.
- PreK – For a delayed opening, PreK will follow an adjusted schedule. Morning PreK will meet from 9:55-12:00; Afternoon PreK will meet from 1:15-3:20.
- Lunch Orders – Your child’s lunch order will still be placed when we open late (providing that we were open and able to tally the orders on the Monday preceding the late opening.)
- No Extended Care – There is no afternoon Extended Care on days when school closes early.
- When MCS has an early closing, we encourage you to call to let us know that someone is en route. Provide us with the name of the person picking up your child(ren). If the person picking up your child is not listed on your child’s emergency card, he/she will need to show a picture I.D. and you must give us permission to release your child to his/her care.