Uniform Info and General Dress Code Guidelines
Flynn & O’Hara Uniform Company is the provider of MCS uniforms. White polo shirts for elementary students are not required to be purchased from Flynn & O’Hara. They may be purchased from the store of your choice as long as the shirt has no other logo or embellishment. Polo shirts purchased at Flynn & O’Hara will have the MCS logo on the chest.
The following are a few reminders regarding the uniform policy:
- Middle School boys – Regular school day: Flynn & O’Hara khaki pants or khaki shorts with navy blue polo shirt. Chapel days: blue oxford button collar dress shirt, uniform tie, uniform pants or shorts.
- Middle School girls – Regular school day: Flynn & O’Hara plaid kilt, uniform shorts or khaki pants with navy blue polo shirt. Chapel days: plaid kilt with navy blue polo shirt.
- Elementary boys – Regular school days: Flynn & O’Hara hunter green pants or shorts with white polo shirt. Chapel days: white oxford button collar dress shirt, uniform tie, and hunter green pants or shorts.
- Elementary girls – Regular school days: Flynn & O’Hara plaid jumper, plaid shorts, navy skorts or pants with white polo shirt or peter pan collar blouse. Chapel days: plaid jumper with white polo shirt or peter pan collar blouse.
- Uniform shirts/blouses may not have any lace edgings or other embellishments. Elementary students may wear plain white three-button golf shirts, plain white turtle neck shirts, or (girls) plain white peter pan collar shirts. White shirts not purchased from Flynn & O’Hara must be void of any insignias or embellishments. Middle school blue polo shirts must be purchased from Flynn & O’Hara.
- All P.E. Uniforms, pants, shorts, jumpers, skirts, skorts, ties, and blue oxford or blue polo shirts must be purchased from Flynn & O’Hara. Hooded sweat shirts are optional – if worn during school must be from Flynn & O’Hara.
- New for 2012-13: Students in grades K-3 may wear MCS P.E. uniform (shorts & t-shirt) from Flynn & O’Hara for the whole school day on days scheduled for P.E. They may also have an option to choose to wear a field day t-shirt with uniform shorts or skorts on PE. days. Plain white, grey, or navy sweats may be worn.
- Uniform shoes must be black, brown or tan with no colored embellishments. They should have safe, non-skid soles. They must be closed toe and heel (no clogs or flip-flops, even on non-uniform days) and securely fit (shoe or strap must cover the bridge of the foot). Shoes should not resemble ballet shoes, crocs, moccasins or tennis shoes (except for tennis shoes for P.E.). Shoes may be purchased at the store of your choice.
- Socks: Boys’ socks may be white, dark green, brown, tan, or black. Girls may wear ankle socks, knee highs, or tights. Knee highs and tights may be white, navy blue, dark green, or black.
Please call the school office for any clarifications regarding school uniform or dress guidelines.
Fashion trends change often; the school reserves the right to adjust guidelines accordingly throughout the school year.