We are a community of Christian educators who desire to have our Lord glorified through a holistic Christian approach to life. We desire to have the children who are entrusted to us be proud of their Christian beliefs and be able to express them. We desire to have our children grow into mature adults with knowledge of the world around them, their relationship in that world, and a belief in the God Who created it. We want our children’s families to grow in unity and in love for each other and for God.
Therefore, we express the following teaching statements:
We are a community of Christian educators who:
- believe that all life is a gift from God which requires us to be responsible for the care of His creation, including the Earth and its natural resources and all its people. We acknowledge His divine Kingship over the universe.
- believe as stated in Genesis 1:1 that “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth,” and in John 1:3, “Through Him all things were made, without Him nothing was made that was made.” We believe that God is directing the natural order of all that He has created.
- believe in the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit to be both Comfort and Guide in our relationship with God and man.
- believe that we must “…increase in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men” (Luke 2:52) and that this wisdom is found in our relationship with God and His Word.
- believe that Christian education is the process of telling and learning God’s truth and knowing that God’s truth is applicable to all of life. God has given us the knowledge of our world, which enables us to discover and explore His truths. Failure to acknowledge all truth as coming from God will pervert our teaching and learning.
- believe that Satan (evil) exists in the world and that we have subjected ourselves to sin. However, the redemption of man was accomplished through Christ’s sacrifice on the cross and His resurrection from the dead. We must accept this redemption to be in a right relationship with God.
- believe that the Bible alone is our all–sufficient rule of faith and practice, and the revelation of God’s Word and Will.
- believe that parents have the ultimate responsibility of rearing their children in the Kingdom of God and that the school shares that responsibility through the body of knowledge in its curriculum.
- believe that all people have a right to receive quality Christian education.